WordPress is a wonderful CRM to make websites quickly. As it provides an easy interface to create a website, people forget to pay attention to some important essentials, such as securing their Website. I will tell you how you can secure your website if you change wp-admin URL in your WordPress Website.
People know how to build a website in WordPress but often are not aware of the ways in which a website can be secured. Whenever someone makes a WordPress website, WordPress creates a default login URL for them to log in to their WordPress Dashboard. Today, I am going to show you how can you Change wp-admin URL WordPress and secure your site.
Reasons to change wp-admin URL to a custom URL:
- It secures your website from hackers and brute force attacks who tries to damage your site for their benefit or can result in bringing your website down due to security reasons. Therefore, it’s important for you to change wp-admin URL.
- There are multiple ways to know if a website is developed in WordPress and one of the most common way is to type the wp-admin URL after any website name and if that gives the login dashboard to WordPress then its very clear that the website is developed in WordPress but if you do not want to expose your website as WordPress website then its better to change wp-admin URL.
Let’s get started. The following are the steps to change wp-admin URL WordPress to secure your website.
1.Log into your WordPress Dashboard
2. Go to the Settings option from the left-hand sidebar and then click on plugins. Setting–> Plugins–> Add new
3. On the next screen in the Search box next to the keyword. Type Wp Hide Login and click Enter
4. Now, you will get WPS Hide Login as Search Results. Click on the Install Now option on the plugin:
5. Once the plugin is installed, click on the activate option on it.
6. After activating the wps hide login plugin, Go to Settings and Click on WPS Hide login option:
7. Once you will click the Wps hide login option and scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can get the option to change the login address.
8. Once you have changed the login URL, click on Save changes. After saving the changes, your WordPress login URL will be changed and you can now use the new URL to login to your WordPress Dashboard.