How to Start Blogging? The first and most important question, along with this there are many other questions that occur when you think of starting a blog. Let me answer all the questions one by one below:
What is a blog?
A blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web. You can create a blog on any topic of your choice.
You should be a good Writer for starting a blog?
No! It’s a misconception. There is no rule of writing when it comes to writing. Any type of formal or Informal conversational style can be used.
What is required for becoming a successful writer?
Passion! Yes, the essential thing for successful blogging is passion. If you are passionate about something then there is nothing that can stop you. If you will choose a topic that you are passionate about. You can easily connect with the audience for the same.
Can you earn money from blogging?
6 Steps on How to Start Blogging
- Pick a blog name. Choose something relatable
- Get your blog online. Register your blog (Domain name) and purchase hosting.
- Customize your blog. Pick a free template and customize it.
- Write & publish your first post. Make it fun!
- Promote your blog. Write good content so maximum people read your blog
- Make money blogging. Choose from many options to monetize your blog.
Step 1: Pick a blog name
- Pick something that relates to the blog that relates to the topic you are going to pick for your blog. It is not mandatory to make it relatable but it is advised so that it appears in the search results
- Keep it short. Short blog names are easy to remember.
- Do not use any special symbol, space or numbers in your blog. Only underscore sign is allowed in domain names. Numbers are allowed but I would not recommend it.
- Choose the extension as per your blog. Though .com extension is the favorite one. But you can also go for.Info, .org, .tech or based on the country you are in.
Step 2: Get Your Blog Online
Now that you have got your Blog Name. You have two do two things to get your Blog online
2.Hosting your Site
Now, what is Domain Registration?
It is your blog name, which is picked in Step 1. Now you have to Register that name on the World Wide Web to get a space on the internet.
And What does hosting your site means?
It means that you have registered your plot on land and no you have to build your house on it. Technically, you have registered your domain (plot) and now you have to build your site on that domain for which you will need hosting to store your contents (just like a house does).
How to do Domain Registration and purchase hosting? Is it difficult?
NO! It is not difficult. Domain Registration and hosting is an easy process.
There are two ways to do it:
1.Buying domain and hosting both from one Service provide.
Pros: Quick, Easy and Hassle Free
2.Buying hosting and domain from different Service Providers.
Cons: Hectic and Time Consuming.
Can you tell the Best Service providers for Domain and Hosting Registration?
Yes. My top picks are :
Both these services provide provides simple and easy to interface with one-click installations. Also, they provide WordPress optimized hosting which makes it really easy to create a blog. By so far most of the answers must have got answered on How to start blogging.
Step 3:Customize Your Blog
- Login into your Service Provider’s hosting Dashboard and install WordPress
- Choose a theme for your blog, from the thousand of WordPress themes. ( Let me know if you require a tutorial for Creating a WordPress Blog)
- Customize your blog, by changing the theme, uploading logo etc.
- Install essential plugins for your blog.
Step 4: Write Your First Post
- Once you have customized your blog. You can start writing posts for your blog
- Make the blog post engaging with good content
- Be as informative as you can
- Consistently write blog posts.
Step 5:Promote Your Blog
- You can promote your blog by following:
- Sharing blog posts on social media
- Sharing blog posts with your friends
- Giving a share button on your Blog
- Sharing your blog posts with a link in email
- Asking for a guest post
- Writing a guest post
Step 6:Monetize your blog